Saturday, November 20, 2010

10/10/10

Ok, so you sit around waiting for life to get easier, hoping, praying for a break.  Fast forward: you're at your school's homecoming dance, and this ADORABLE guy is trying to dance with you.  You tell yourself and everyone else that you can't dance.  Why do we do this??

Simple. Lack of Confidence. We see all these people having fun, dancing like pros, and looking so natural. Then we tell ourselves, "I could never do that, I can't dance well!" Well, you're sabotaging your own confidence by saying you can't do something. Never tell yourself you can't do something. You can do anything, you just have to let loose, relax, and try your best.  Most of these things come naturally, and we psych ourselves out by comparing ourselves to others.  If you want to be confident, the most important thing you have to learn is to laugh at yourself- not criticize yourself.  If it seems weird, do it anyway! You could end up the center of attention just by being the person who's doing something different.  Of course if you don't want to be the center of attention, you can tone it all down a bit. Ha ha ha.  If you say you don't know how to dance, admit it- someone will be the one to step up and lead.  If you just relax and let loose, it will happen naturally.
Something recently clicked with me: why on earth do I want to be like all the other people, and why do I let them control me? It's not worth it, and I don't want it to happen anymore- so I took back control of my life, and I couldn't be happier! I'm focused on myself for once, and I'm not worrying what all the other people are thinking.  If I live my life based on what everyone else thinks... Where do I go? My whole personality disappears and someone else's opinion of what I should do and who I should be takes its place.  I say, NO! I am who I am, and if you have a problem, you can take it somewhere else, 'cause I'm not interested in changing for someone else.  It's not worth it, and I don't want to deal with the stress or drama of it all anymore.  People who put me down don't realize how important I really can be- until they need me for something. Then I have the power to turn them away or to help them- no matter how cruel or rude they can be, I usually agree to help them, if I can.
I'm done living for other people- I'm living for myself, and no one is going to change that. EVER.  My confidence level has grown a lot as I've gone through high school, and I'm proud of it.

Live free, and be happy.
Never sell yourself short!

No comments:

Post a Comment